Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Just a card...


This one I made last night. I am planning on making 5 more and sending them into a swap I joined.
I used Stampin' Up's Always stamp set. It is a great on and I think it may be my most used set! I just love the heart!
I am really liking the color scheme of Kraft, Bashful Blue, Certainly Celery, and Cameo Coral... They look soo pretty together!! Very shabby chic spring...
As for the techniques, I first inked up the edges of the kraft paper with a makeup sponge and Creamy Caramel ink. I stamped the sentiment in the corner. The berries are done using 2nd and 3rd generation stamping onto the certainly celery piece. I also tore the edge and rolled it up a little onto itself with my finger. I added the blue scallop diecut (Scrapdoodles) and trimmed the edge to line up with the kraft base. The heart is done using the emboss resist technique. To do this, I first stamped the heart with Versamark onto Vanilla cardstock. I embossed using clear embossing powder. I then used a makeup sponge to dab ink over the image. I started with Pretty in Pink, then added Regal Rose around the outside edges and finished by going over it with Cameo Coral to brighten it up. This technique is a lot of fun to play with!! I cut the image out and popped it over the same image stamped in Regal Rose. I cut this out and matted it with Cameo Coral cardstock. The ribbon was the last bit I added...
As always, please email me if you have any questions regarding my techniques or products. I am always happy to help out a fellow crafter!

No comments:

 
site design by designer blogs