Friday, September 5, 2008

A Happy Little Frog Card

On SCS (Split Coast Stampers) they have all sorts of challenges. They have weekly ones, daily ones, and monthly ones. They challenge you to use certain color combos, sketches, or techniques and so on... The other day, I decided to participate with the WICKED color combo challenge for September. The challenge was to use Not Quite Navy, Kiwi Kiss, Baja Breeze, and Sahara Sand. I was all for making a manly birthday card but ended up with this:



Goodies:
All by Stampin' Up!

Stamps: A Flower for All Seasons set; Sprinkles set; En Francais
Ink: Basic Black, Baja Breeze, Kiwi Kiss, Not Quite Navy classic stampin' pads
Paper: Sahara Sand textured card stock; Whisper White, Baja Breeze, Not Quite Navy, and Kiwi Kiss card stock
Other: Black Narrow Grosgrain Ribbon; Dimensionals

Certainly not very manly, is it! I do like how it turned out though! I stamped my backgrounds onto the colored card stock first, using the same color ink. I also inked around the edges of each block. Next, I stamped the froggie onto Whisper White card stock with Basic Black ink. I watercolored him using the ink pads. After he was dry, I matted him and stuck him to the card front with dimensionals. I added ribbon and the sentiment and I was done!

Hope you have a great day!

-tessa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You have such a talent! I wanted to let you know that I checked out your blog!! Talk to you soon. Your cards are amazing!! ~Amy

 
site design by designer blogs