Saturday, May 8, 2010

Saying goodbye to one of my favorites...

Hi! Hope you are enjoying your Saturday morning... my hubby just got back from Starbucks with our favorite Saturday morning treat and now we are set to read the paper together before we start our day. I love Saturdays!

With Stampin' Up!s upcoming Color Renovation, 30 of the current colors will be retired. It seems like a lot but with the additions of some of the great past and current In Colors, plus the addition of 5 new core colors, we will still have plenty to choose from. In fact, I feel my creativity blooming more because of the changes. I am all for it!

That said, I am very sad to have to say goodbye to some old favorites... Ruby Red will probably be the most missed out of all of them. I've got a little stock pile of cardstock incase I need it but I try to work SUO (Stampin' Up Only) when I work with my SU! stuff so who knows how often I'll actually pull it out... Anyways, this card's for you Ruby Red!



Goodies:
All products by Stampin' Up!

Stamps: Always set, Tiny Tags set
Ink: Ruby Red, Soft Suede, Pretty in Pink, So Saffron classic inks
Paper: Confetti White, Soft Suede, Pretty in Pink, So Saffron, Kraft cardstock; Ruby Red textured cardstock
Accessories: Clear embossing powder, Paper piercer, Scallop Edge punch, Scallop Circle punch, Jewelery Tag punch, Dimensionals

This card is also for this weeks Just Add Ink color challenge! Hee! I had so much fun playing along- I might even make some more cards with this pallet... If you have time, check out their great challenge blog and play along!

OK! I'm off to enjoy the weekend! Thanks for stopping by!

-tessa

11 comments:

AJ said...

Hey Tess! I love your card, it's sure to brighten anyone's day! Thanks for playing at Just Add Ink!

Anonymous said...

Tess, this is beautiful. I think I'll miss Ruby Red too, but overall I think the change is good.

Debi said...

I love how you've used the stamps, this is one of my favourite sets, but especially love how yo've put those tricky colours together seamlessly...

Anne31 said...

This is a beautiful card Tess!!! I love this set and you have done a fabbo job of showing it.

Have a great day

Christine Blain said...

BEAUTIFUL! Love the So Saffron 'foliage' accents. The whole card is put together beautifully - great job with the JAI challenge :)

Bronwyn Eastley said...

Oh! So beautiful. Love the detail and the layout.

Unknown said...

I LOVE this stamp set but haven't used it in so long. I {heart} your card. It's so cute and the layout rocks. Way to go!

Danielle Daws said...

Hey Tessa! This is drop dead gorgeous. I love how you've worked the colours. Gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Your cards always make me smile.

Anonymous said...

Im going to miss Ruby red too its been one of my most used colours along with close to cocoa which is also going.
Love your card it is gorgeous!

Arielle H Gordon said...

Wow, Tessa, this is gorgeous! I love all the distressing and that cute tag!!!

 
site design by designer blogs