Tuesday, April 9, 2013

He Said, She Said Cards

Hi!
I have some fun cards to share with you today but first, I wanted to say thank you for all your comments and well wishes here on my blog, on Facebook, on Teresa's blog, and in my email box!  It means a lot to have you all cheering for me and now I'm even more excited to get started on some fun things for Teresa Collins Designs.

So I was on a mission to create some masculine cards for my stash when I made these.  I used patterned papers from both He Said, She Said 6x6 pads, the He Said, She Said sticker sheet, and enamel dots from the Memories and Far Away line.

For this one, I was inspired by the confetti trend that is going on.  This would by my take of a many confetti card:


I chose patterns that were simple and more muted.  You can see I kept my embellishments simple, too- I always want to go for busier embellishments but for a man, you really can't!  I added some linen thread to the top, finishing it with a simple knot.  I added epoxy dots and a little Mr. Huey Calico Shine spray randomly into my confetti.


You can see some of the sparkle that the Shine spray adds... still manly but fun, too!

This next card is pretty masculine but really could work for anyone:


After I created my card base, I embossed the bottom third with my polka-dot folder.  Next, I added the hexagon stickers and my sentiment.  I flicked a little Shine spray on this one, too and again added a few epoxy dots for accent.  I finished with the baker's twine and decided to go with a bow.


Masculine cards have always been a tough one for me and I'm happy to have two more to add to my stash!

Well, thanks for stopping by today!  I'm going to get busy on some house cleaning- I did a great job yesterday with ignoring it and now I'm paying!  lol!

-tessa

3 comments:

Miriam Prantner said...

Such fun cards! My favorite is the first one, I love all the different circles!

Katie said...

I have been away from my computer all week and was just catching up on Julie's blog and saw your welcome{we live in the same small town in Northwest WA}.
Congratulations, you will definitely be a super addition to the TC family. I love following anyone that makes neat cards, since that is where my interest lies.
So if you see my IP address shows up frequently shows up viewing your blog, rest assure it is not a stalker, just someone getting caught up on your talent.
I have LOVED these cards so far.

Katie said...

I would LOVE to subscribe to your blog, but my computer keyboard will not let me type the number row and your "test" has far too many numbers for me to go back and forth from my 'cheat sheet' in my e-mail to successfully do the code, but if there is another way to do it or you can sign me up, please let me know.
katie
ktbearn@comcast.net

 
site design by designer blogs