Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Hello Dahlia Cards

Hi!  I found some time over the weekend to create a couple of cards and thought I'd share them with you today!  I used my new Stampin' Up! goodies I picked out from the new catalog- the new Regarding Dahlia was my first pick!  Here are the cards I made:


Since the dahlia stamp is so detailed and beautiful on its own, I decided to keep my cards clean and simple.  I started out with a piece of watercolor paper and watercolored a square using my Crushed Curry ink pad.  Isn't it such a pretty yellow!  I waited for it to dry completely and then with the help of my embossing buddy, embossed the dahlia and sentiment using white embossing powder.  It looks really pretty against the yellow!


I created a card base of Sahara Sand cardstock.  For contrast, I added a bit of Midnight Muse cardstock with some faux stitching on it along with the watercolored panel to my card front.  I embellished it with one of those fun wooden buttons and some linen thread.

For my next card, I started with another Sahara Sand cardbase:

I stamped the dahlia in Midnight Muse ink towards the bottom left corner.  I added a strip of Crushed Curry cardstock and a small bit of Midnight Muse cardstock along the bottom using dimensionals.  I wrapped it with some linen thread and finished it off with another wooden button.


I splattered just a little SC Calico Shine mist over it and then added my sentiment banner just under the button.  The banner is from the gift box kit from the SU! spring mini and the sentiment comes from the You're My Type set.

I'm so happy with how these cards turned out!  I'll be grabbing these colors again, too!  In fact, I had to put in another order to get more of this pretty yellow paper! :)

Thanks for stopping by today!

-tessa

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Really like the cards and the stamp.

Unknown said...

Very cute! I love the colours and the dahlia stamp!!

Miriam Prantner said...

These are gorgeous Tessa! Especially loving the first one, it's so bright and joyful!

Elizabeth Price said...

I love both of your dahlia cards--you're amazing. Smiles, Elizabeth

Becky Cowley said...

These are SO super cute! Love both of them!

Katie Ann Brooks said...

ooh, love this!

 
site design by designer blogs