Friday, June 13, 2014

Stencilled Thanks Card

Hello!  Hope you had a good week- we were so busy but in a good way :)  Almost done with school here and I have a feeling my days will only be getting busier once the girls are home for the summer!

I thought I'd pop on today and share a card I made recently.  I used a familiar color scheme and technique- it was fun and I love how it turned out:


I started out with a white card base and then used my hearts stencil and paste from Teresa Collins Design's Basically Essential line.  Once the paste was dry,  pulled out some of my favorite blue Stampin' Up! ink pads and watercolored over the paste with a wet paint brush.  I splattered a bit of my favorite blue, Pacific Point over it as well.
Next I pulled out the Basically Essential 'thanks' stencil and used black paint to stencil the word on to a transparency sheet.  I cut it into a banner flag and pulled out some fun embellishments to go along with it.
I layered everything where I wanted it and then sewed over all the embellishments to hold them in place.  I used a mixture of stitches for an interesting look.
I finished it all off with a bit of aqua baker's twine along the top edge.


I think this is my favorite color scheme right now!  It feels so summery and beachy!  Maybe I'll make a beach themed card with it next :)

I entered this into the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge this week- it's all about stencils!

I also wanted to say thank you to everyone who cheered me on through the Paper Crafts and Scrapbooking Magazine's Gallery Idol Contest.  I didn't make it through to the finals but I'm so happy to have been part of such a fun group of girls!  They are all truly talented and I can't wait to see who wins this year!

Well, I hope you're enjoying your day!  Thanks for stopping by!
post signature

5 comments:

ValByDesign, Valerie said...

It's brilliant! So free and cheerful!

Miriam Prantner said...

Loving the painted paste and love the stamping on the transparency, such a fun card!

Lalo said...

love the cluster of pretty things and the stencil prettiness!!!

Jo Nevill said...

Your card is just fabulous, I love all your pretty details.

Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Wednesday Challenge this week.

Jo x

Jess said...

Cool card! Love this color combo!

 
site design by designer blogs