Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Nicole's Color Challenge!



Today I am posting my first of a few things I made for Nicole's color challenge! For June, she challenged me to use this as my inspiration:

She chose Not Quite Navy, Basic Black, and Whisper White as her colors! So, here is the first project I came up with:


Goodies:

Stamps: Fresh Cuts set, Together Forever set, and Baroque Motifs set, all by Stampin' Up!

Ink: Basic Black, Bashful Blue, Not Quite Navy, Certainly Celery, Old Olive

Paper: Not Quite Navy, Basic Black, Whisper White card stock by Stampin' Up!; patterned paper by American Crafts

So, I love how this turned out but I totally cased a card I found on SCS! There is always such great inspiration there! If you haven't already checked it out, do! You can search by Stampin' Up sets as well as by other companies and by techniques!

I made the white background paper by stamping one image over and over. To get this just right, I used a Stamp-a-ma-jig! It is a must have for stampers who have the need to be perfect. I inked around the edges of both patterned papers before adhering it to the black card base. I then added the Not Quite Navy strips, which are bordered by black and faux stitched. The sentiment comes from the Fresh Cuts set. I just cut it out and rounded one end. i also inked around its edges and added a brad before adhering it. The main little image is two different stamps from the Together Forever set. I stamped both separately and cut them out, delicately. I watercolored the floral design and then popped it up with dimensionals in the center of the second stamped image.

I'll post more from our color challenge tomorrow!!

-tessa


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, I have to know. What do you do with all your cards and things you make? Do you use them? Sell them? Your stuff is SO good!! Just curious what you do with all your cool things.

The Paper Chic said...

I love this card!! I love black and white but the blue makes the card!

 
site design by designer blogs