Friday, July 11, 2008

Rusted Flower

I have been enjoying my new Fabulous Flowers set! Today I decided to use it to play along with Kristine Werner again...



She chose some great colors to challenge us with! I am drawn to these colors naturally. I can't wait for fall! Here is what I came up with:


Goodies:
Stamps: Fabulous Flowers set by Stampin' Up!
Ink: Real Rust, Close to Cocoa (inked edges) by Stampin' Up!
Paper: Real Rust, Certainly Celery, Whisper White, and Close to Cocoa card stock by Stampin' Up!
Other: small copper brads by Lasting Impressions; large copper brad by Karen Foster; swirl card stock sticker by Stampin' Up (part of the Summer Days Simply Scrappin' kit); ribbon, unknown (from Scrapdoodles!)

I cut out the layers of the flower out and crumpled them up to give it some texture. I used extra think pop dots to really make it stand out!

This week we celebrated my nephew Micah's 2nd birthday. His mama cut his hair. This is the after...



She didn't cut much off! I am glad! His curls are just too cute!

We are a Krispy Kreme family! Every birthday is celebrated with donuts! This is his cake:



Doesn't it make you want a donut! We got the originals fresh off the line, too so they were still warm! I love that!

Anyways, the week has flown by yet again! I am having my Collector's Club class tomorrow, as well as doing a little house hunting so wish me luck!!

Have a great weekend!

-tessa

4 comments:

Becky said...

Simply beautiful...your card and your nephew!

LeAnne said...

Gee, I don't know which is more appealing....your card, which is stunning, or that tower of Krispy Kreme donuts!!! My mouth is salivating, I haven't had one of them for ages!!! Great card, cute nephew!
LeAnne

Anonymous said...

House hunting? You moving? Do you think your nephew would share a donut with me ? :)

Camisha said...

Yes, I'm finally here checking out your loveliness! I love the funky+flower card in orange and brown! And, did you just HAVE to tempt us all with the Krispy Kreme????!!!! :-) Very good job!

 
site design by designer blogs