Monday, July 7, 2008

Up to not much...

Hope you all had a great 4th of July! I spent it with my sister in Maryland. We took this picture of the kids. Pretty cute, aren't they! To marrow is my sister's oldest son's second birthday. She has been dreading it because she promised to cut his hair! I don't think she will cut much off. His curls are too adorable! Let me know what you think...



I've been shopping way too much online this week! I am excited though! Mr. UPS should be stopping by my house a couple of times! I am especially excited about the sneak peek goodies from Stampin' Up! That is my favorite part about being a demonstrator- the ability to get them first, and at a discount, too!! Hee Hee!

Today I am sharing a card I made in honor of my friend Sara's birthday. It is today! Funny, I didn't send this one. I sent a different one but this one turned out cuter...



Goodies:
Stamps: Fabulous Flowers set by Stampin' Up!
Ink: Lavender Lace, Tempting Turquoise, Whisper White (craft), Chocolate Chip by Stampin' Up!
Paper: Kraft and Whisper White by Stampin' Up!; Dragonfly by Bazzill Basics
Others: Ribbon by American Crafts; Gem, unknown

Instead of dabbing my stamp in the ink, I rubbed the ink onto the stamp with the pad. It gave it a washed out look. I kind of like it! I also stamped three images of the large flower and then cut them at varying spots to give it some dimension. The scallops on this were done with my corner rounder but guess what Stampin' Up! is debuting in August... a scallop border punch that looks just like this! I can't wait!

Well, I better stop typing. I am trying to get my next collector's club class projects done by this weekend. They will be featuring the set above!

Have a great day!

-tessa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tell your sister she doesn't need to cut his hair...it's so hard to cut their hair cause it changes the way they look. Takes the 'baby' look away...I absolutely HATE it...I'm with her! But good luck to her either way. All the kids look good...I notice your little gal got her hair cut too...looks cute!

 
site design by designer blogs