Thursday, April 30, 2009

A Card for a Friend

Today's card is a quick one I created using Stampin' Up!'s Friends 24-7 set. This is one set that I rely on when I'm in a funk. Ideas always come when I bring it out! Here is what I made:



Goodies:
All products by Stampin' Up!

Stamps: Friends 24-7 set; Friendly Words jumbo wheel
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Pumpkin Pie, Close to Cocoa, Baja Breeze Classic inks
Paper: So Saffron, Whisper White, Kraft, Baja Breeze, Ruby Red cardstock; Sweet Slumber Specialty DSP
Accessories: Valet Ribbon Originals, Aqua Painter, Stamping Sponges, Dimensionals

I wanted to keep the look soft and muted. I sponged around the edges of my stamped pieces and stamped off on the background images. I stamped the focal points in Choclate Chip so they would stand out and then watercolored some more color into the bird's branch and feet. I also stamped the bird onto Baja Breeze cardstock and cut him out. It brings a lot more color then watercoloring him!

Thanks for looking today! I am getting excited about this weekend... an all day-all night crop on Saturday!! I was going to scrap some pages on NSD but I think I'll probably end up sticking with cards... hee! Hopefully I'll have lots to share next week!

-tessa

7 comments:

for2nately said...

super cute Tessa! thanks for sharing!
Hugs,
Elizabeth

Rose Castillo said...

You're card is so cute! I think I just might have to case it.

Debbie said...

What an elegant card. The bird loooks great.

Lisa Kmiec said...

Nice card! I like how that birds looks stamped on the Baja Breeze. Thanks for sharing!

Amy Reimer said...

Gorgeous! Can't wait to see what you make on Saturday.

Unknown said...

*sigh* I love every card make with 24-7... it's such a beautiful set. The soft colors really bring out the elegance of this card.

Unknown said...

Wow! This card is great. Love the colors!

 
site design by designer blogs