Monday, May 25, 2009

Bloomin' Beautiful in Saffron...

I've been busy making cards this weekend! Today I'm sharing my card for May's WICKED challenge for SU! demos on Splitcoast Stampers... we were challenged by Brenda(Qbee) to use So Saffron, Baja Breeze, and Riding Hood Red together... easy for me since I have the Sweet Slumber Specialty DSP! It is one of my favorite lines!

Here is my card:



Goodies:
All products by Stampin' Up!

Stamps: Bloomin' Beautiful set
Ink: So Saffron, Riding Hood Red, More Mustard, Creamy Caramel, Basic Black Classic inks; Jet Black Staz On
Paper: So Saffron, Baja Breeze, Riding Hood Red cardstock; watercolor paper; Sweet Slumber Specialty DSP
Accessories: Baja Breeze satin ribbon from Valet Ribbon Originals, Pewter Build a Brad, Aqua Painter, Piercing tool and mat, Stamping sponges, Dimensionals, Dazzling Diamonds, Crystal Effects

I watercolored the flowers first in So Saffron and added just a dot of Riding Hood Red to the centers... I love how it bled out! I also added just a touch of More Mustard to brighten them up a little. Next, I watercolored the bee in So Saffron and let it dry. Once it was dry, I colored in his legs and stripes with a Basic Gray marker. I also added a little Dazzling Diamonds glitter to both of these! For the vase, I picked the polkadot DSP and stamped the image on it. I filled the image with Crystal Effects so it would dry clear and shiny! What I really liked was that you could still see the texture of the DSP behind the Crystal Effects... how cool!
After that, I pieced my background together... I cut the striped DSP at an angle to give it a different look. I also inked and stitched around the smaller polkadot panel. Once I added the sentiment, ribbon, and watercolored images, I was done!

I love participating in these challenges! They are a lot of fun and usually challenge me to think outside the box...

Hope you are all having a great 3rd day off! We are a little nervous- we are putting an offer on what could be our first house today! Next, we'll have to play the waiting game! Yikes!

Thanks for stopping by today!

-tessa

8 comments:

MEL said...

Wow! This is absolutely gorgeous. I love your creations. :)

Anonymous said...

What great attention to detail. I love how you cut out the flowers and popped them up. I also love how you stamped the vase onto the dsp!! Very beautiful!

Benjaman said...

Really beautiful card. Such wonderful work on the flowers. I'll have to break out my Sweet Slumber DSP now! TFS!

Anonymous said...

I just stumbled across your blog and was shocked to see you live WB because I do too. The card is very cute. I love the layout.

Jess Lundahl said...

Your card is absolutely wonderful! I love everything about it. I also really like Sweet Slumber DSP.

Carolyn Gibbs said...

Inspiring Tessa! You create beautiful, beautiful things!

Rose Castillo said...

What a beautiful card. I espcially love how you stamped the vase on the Sweet Slumber paper. Too cute!

Ali Dantre said...

Tess, I love this!! the colours are simply gorgeous together.

Hugs
Lisa.xx

 
site design by designer blogs