Wednesday, October 20, 2010

A Fun Felt Flower

Hi!

Today is rainy and gloomy outside so my girls and I are getting our craft on! Nat and Zoey have been busy creating play-doh treats and boy is it keeping them busy- they've been at it all afternoon! Since they were having so much fun, I sat down and made a fun card to play along with the latest Embellish Magazine Challenge. Here is what I made:



All Supplies by Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted

Stamps: Baroque Motifs, A Word for You
Ink: Early Espresso classic ink; Versamark
Paper: Very Vanilla cardstock; Pink Pirouette textured cardstock; Playdate DSP
Accessories: Subtles designer buttons, Clear embossing powder, paper piercer; baker's twine and felt- craft supply

I created the flower by hand. I started by cutting five ovals out of the felt. I folded each of them in half and ran a running stitch through the folded side. When they were all finished, I knotted the ends of thread together tightly to create the flower shape. It didn't take too much time and I think it turned out pretty cute!

I wanted to keep the design simple so that the flower would really stand out. I added a few swirls using the Baroque Motifs set to the background and heat embossed them with clear powder.

OK! I better get dinner started- I'm going to make curry so I have lots of fresh veggies to chop. Hee! It's all worth it though- curry is my favorite! Hope you are enjoying your day! Thanks for popping in to check out my card.

-tessa

9 comments:

Becky Cowley said...

Tessa, I LOVE this card! The flower is so fun, I'm going to have to try making one. Glad you shared details!

Andrea said...

I miss you all sooooo much!! This card is awesome, as of course they all are!

Cindy Beach said...

This is simply beautiful. I love the felt flower, the time you took to stitch it was worth it. So fun!

Your comments to my blog brought me much encouragement. Thanks so much! I always wondered if anyone read my stories, lol!

Mariana Grigsby said...

That felt flower is amazing! Thanks for playing along with us!

Angie Jozefowicz said...

What a beautifully simple card, Tessa! thanks for your inspiration!

Sarah Martina said...

I love EVERYTHING about this Tessa! So glad you joined us for the Embellish Color Challenge!

Jinny Newlin said...

So pretty, Tessa! I love that flower! Congrats!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! That flower is just FAB!

Emily Leiphart said...

Your felt flower is so beautiful, Tessa!

 
site design by designer blogs