Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Awash With Flowers Set

Well hello there! I thought I'd pop on tonight and share a set of cards I made last week- my hubby was in need of a little gift to give one of the ladies he works with who is retiring soon. I hope she likes them! There are 5 altogether and I think they turned out pretty cute! Here they are:







Goodies:
All products by Stampin' Up! (except tulle)

Stamps: Awash with Flowers, Tiny Tags, Upsy Daisy
Ink: Baja Breeze, So Saffron, Whisper White, Blushing Bride, Pear Pizazz, Peach Parfait, Perfect Plum, Cherry Cobbler
Paper: Very Vanilla, Peach Parfait, Cherry Cobbler, Sahara Sand, Baja Breeze, Basic Black, Blushing Bride cardstock; First Edition DSP
Accessories: Scallop Edge punch, Jewelry Tag punch, basic pearls, linen thread, black tulle

So, I wanted the designs to be elegant yet whimsical and I hope I pulled that off! I had fun stamping out each flower and placing them on their panels. I learned with this set that the Awash with Flowers set works better with the Stampin' Markers then with the classic ink pads- you see every detail with the stamps and the markers make them look soft and smooth. I love the look! The one thing I wish I had in my stash was the Basic Black wide striped grosgrain ribbon... I think that would have really finished these off nicely! I made do with the tulle but I'm still imagining how those stripes would have popped off of the book print. :)

Hopefully this week I can make a cute little box to put these in and it'll be ready to send off to work with my hubby!

Thanks for popping in to look today!

-tessa

10 comments:

Andrea said...

What a fun gift! I'm sure she'll LOVE them all.

Elizabeth Price said...

These are all SOOOOOO perfect!

Karen L said...

You always inspire me to try something new! Love checking in to see what you are up to!
Love the awash set, I may need to make some.

Kelly G said...

I just love these cards. I never thought of using tuille. Your creations always inspir me to sit down and try knew things. Thanks Heaps.

Karen H. said...

Love these cards! I'm bookmarking this page for when I need inspiration with this set.

Jacynthe said...

LOving these cards!!!!! And the black tulle!! Fun detail!!

Anonymous said...

Such an adorable set. Thanks for sharing! anamarie

My Little Hobby said...

You're so talented! I love these!

Nora said...

Hi Tessa!
I just found your blog yesterday evening and I'm loving your cards! It's a shame that we don't have the Stampin up - stuff in Finland. Your 5 cards set ispired me to meake an own set of cards to give as a gift. Thanks! Great work!

Jen-uinely Inspired said...

These are all gorgeous!

 
site design by designer blogs