Wednesday, August 3, 2011

A Tall Challenge Card

Well, I spent some time today crafting with my little girls- we practiced our watercoloring, a technique that my oldest daughter has been asking me to teach her! Hee! She's gonna be able to teach her own classes, soon! :) While they were busy painting their Sock Monkeys (yes, they like him, too!) I found time to play along with a fun challenge at the CAS-ual Fridays blog. The challenge was to create a 4x9 card with a CAS feel to it... well, I don't know if my card ended up being too clean or simple but the challenge still inspired me to try a different size! Hee! Here is what I made:



Goodies:
All products by Stampin' Up!

Stamps: Simply Soft, Tiny Tags, En Francais
Ink: Wisteria Wonder, Pear Pizazz, Crumb Cake classic inks
Paper: Crumb Cake, Soft Suede cardstock; Wisteria Wonder, Pear Pizazz textured cardstock, watercolor paper, First Edition DSP
Accessories: Scallop Edge Punch, Linen Thread, Jewelry Tag punch, Dazzling Diamonds, Aqua Painter, Color Spritzer

See? I think it's too distressed to be CAS... oh well! I love how it looks anyways and I don't think I would have attempted a card this size with out the challenge so thank you CAS-ual Fridays!



Want to see my cute girls in stampin' action? Here are a couple of pictures from our craft time together:




Awe! I love that they like to stamp as much as I do!

Thanks for stopping by today!

-tessa

3 comments:

Michele Gross said...

Fabulous CAS card! You can have lots of rich texture through color and distressing and embossing and still be CAS. Its all about the design and keeping one clear focal point and lots of "white" space. you've demonstrated that perfectly :) Glad you came to play with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Andrea said...

As always, I love your card creation! You're girls are so beautiful - it's so wonderful that you can have fun stamping with them :) (btw - I just got back from holidays and got your swap in the mail! Thanks again for swapping - that was fun!)

Lisa Kmiec said...

This card is beautiful! I see some SU demos in the making!

 
site design by designer blogs