Thursday, December 29, 2011

Tissue Paper Flowers

Hello!

I thought I'd share another card I made with goodies from the upcoming Stampin' Up! Occasions mini and Sale-a-bration catalog with you today! There are some really cute offerings and this set is sure to get lots of use! It's called Fresh Vintage and this one is the Sale-a-bration catty:


Goodies:
All products by Stampin' Up!

Stamps: Fresh Vintage, Good Grid
Ink: Lucky Limeade, Sahara Sand, Rich Razzleberry, Basic Black
Paper: Sahara Sand, Twitterpated DSP, white tissue paper
Accessories: Lucky Limeade ruffled ribbon, Antique brads, Scallop Circle punch

Stamped a few of the images from the Vintage Fresh set over the grid background. I love the layered look it created and how it lets the hand made tissue flower stand out. Here is a closer look at the flower:


I found it easiest to punch my scallops first. The tissue paper is thin so you need to do many layers at the same time to get them to punch. I used about 8 scallops for one flower. Once I had them all punched out, I stamped them with black ink and and the large floral image from the Fresh Vintage set. I let them dry for a minute and then stacked them up and added a brad to the center. Then you just fluff your tissue around the brad to create the full ruffled look.

You can see I really enjoyed playing with these goodies! My demo friend Kiesha just got another order of Occasions/ Sale-a-bration stuff so hopefully she'll let me play again soon!

Thanks for stopping by today!

-tessa

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I just love this card!!! Awesome!!!! I will be featuring this card on My Crafty Picks #47 with a link back to your blog on 1-8-12. Make sure to stop by to check out all the picks and to pick up your blog badge to display on your blog for being featured!!

If you wish to decline please email me by responding to this comment to let me know.

Thanks and take care
Tiffany Bauer
http://www.mycraftyworld.blogspot.com

Analuz said...

what a pretty card!! I love it!!!

Kristin Moore said...

Love love love this! Saved to my favorites to copy later! TFS!

 
site design by designer blogs