Wednesday, January 16, 2013

A Cup of Thanks Card

Today's card is inspired by this week's SPARKS sketch challenge!  I used my newest set of Paper Smooches stamps, Cyber Cafe, to make this card:


Goodies:
Stamps: Cyber Cafe by Paper Smooches
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black
Paper: Tempting Turquoise, Whisper White, Daffodil Delight cardstock by Stampin' Up!; patterned papers from Sn@p line by Simple Stories
Accessories: Copic markers, red baker's twine by We R Memory Keepers

I stamped the cup onto yellow cardstock and cut it out.  I pieced it onto my white panel and added a sentiment before adding it to my card front with dimensional adhesive.  I punched a small hole into the card to add the twine bow.  To finish off my card, I added a little coloring with my Copic markers to create some shadows.  

I'm so glad I had time to play along with the SPARKS challenge this week! It's a fun one and if you have time, make sure you check it out!


I'm off to finish a scrapbook layout I've been working on for the last two days... I was having a hard time coming up with a title but I'm just going to commit and finish it up today. 

Thanks for stopping by my blog today!

-tessa

4 comments:

Lynn said...

Love your take on the sketch...and the rainbow stripes at the bottom are fabulous. Thanks so much for playing with us at PaperSmooches Sparks!

Morag said...

I really like the combination of patterns you used... stripes, dots, chevron... great!!!

Lori said...

So fun! Love the paper pieced mug and the bit of rainbow stripes at the bottom. Thanks for joining us for the Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

SOOOOO fun! I LOVE the patterned papers--and I love how you've used that twine!! And that cup--I really need to ink that up! FUN card:) FAB take on last week's sketch! THANKS so much for joining in the fun and playing along with the Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge:)

Hope you will join in the fun again this week!!

 
site design by designer blogs