Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Valentine Decor

Hello!

Hope you are having a great week so far!  Are you excited about Valentine's Day tomorrow?  My girls are! :)  Parties at school- need I say more?  Hee!  We've got their cards all signed and ready to go to their classmates and I think I'll pick up a special treat for them to take too.

Today I want to share a little bit of my Valentine's Day decor- I added two fun banners and some of the girls' art to my mantel downstairs:


The red hearts banner was crocheted using this tutorial.  I only did the first two rounds though... I didn't want to make them too big!  It ended up only taking an hour or so to complete after I figured out the first one.  If only all crochet projects would come together so quickly!


I created the paper banner bases by cutting 4x6" panels of the First Edition DSP by Stampin' Up!  I cut them into banner shapes and then added doily hearts cut out by my Cameo.  The plain hearts are also cut by my Cameo.  The floral paper is from the XOXO collection by American Crafts.  I added some faux stitching to the centers with my white Signo gel pen.


This is Zoey's artwork.  She has a great art teacher this year at school and I couldn't be happier with this little stitched piece!  Natalie created the painted heart (you can see it in the top picture) with the same teacher. :)  I'm a lucky mama!


I hope you have time to stop by tomorrow!  I'm celebrating Valentines here on my blog by hopping along with some of my very talented card-making friends!  We'll all be giving away some great prizes, too!  For more information, please stop by our Facebook event page.

Please enjoy the rest of your day and as always, thanks for stopping by!

-tessa


1 comment:

Miriam Prantner said...

What a great display! Love how you mixed your work and Zoey's! And her artwork is gorgeous, way to go Zoey!

 
site design by designer blogs