Saturday, February 8, 2014

Brewing Up Birthday Wishes Card

Happy Saturday!  My day is super busy- I'm teaching two classes at my local scrapbook store, Scrapdoodles today!  I love teaching and todays classes will be so fun!!  After that, my girls are going to a sleepover birthday party which means date night for me and my hubby!  No complaints here! :)

Before I got started on my day, I thought I'd share a card I made using the fun Be A Barista set by Reverse Confetti.  I used this month's Sketch For You To Try for it:

Coffee Chalkboard Card 1

I created a mini chalkboard by stamping the coffee cup and sentiment on to a black cardstock panel with Versamark.  I heat embossed it using white powder and then doodled around the edge with a white gel pen.  I stamped the coffee with Whisper White ink and then used a sponge to ink around the edges and in a few random places on my panel.  I splattered it with white mist and let it dry.

The patterned papers are from the Carta Bella It's a Celebration collection- I used the 6x6 pad.  I cut out all my patterned papers and inked around the edges of each piece with a black cat eye ink pad.  Mine's dried out a little and perfect for this!  I did a little faux stitching around the pink panel, too:

Coffee Chalkboard Card 2

Wasn't the sketch cute this month?  I loved it!  I'm so glad I had a little time to play along yesterday.   

Well, I better get in gear and head down to class.  Hope you have a great weekend!!

-tessa

2 comments:

Miriam Prantner said...

So pretty! Great paper choices, I love how crisp and clean the white on black is and love the twine around the lace trim.

Nancy Thomas said...

I love the chalkboard look for the image and sentiment - looks like it belongs in a coffee house.

 
site design by designer blogs