Friday, February 21, 2014

Teresa Collins Save The Date Cards

Hello!  I had some cards up on the Teresa Collins team blog this week using the beautiful Save the Date collection.  This collection is so pretty- I love using it for cards!  I thought I'd share them here too.

My first one showcases the pretty papers from the Save the Date collection:

Best Friend Card 1

I started with a kraft card base.  I added a panel of the music print paper (Our Song) that I had cut from the bottom right corner of the sheet to include the forever bit.  I created a cluster of embellishments around the forever- a bit of metallic black baker's twine, the best friend sticker, and the roses diecut from the ephemera pack.  I added it to my card front using foam adhesive dots and added the sticker strip to the left edge.  I added some pretty sequins to finish off the look.

Best Friend Card 3

The texture in the 12x12 sheets is so pretty!  I love how it adds a bit of luxe to every project I create with it!

My second card showcases one of the new overlays from the Save the Date collection:

Always And Forever Card 1

I chose the overlay that said always and forever because I thought it would make a fun sentiment.  I cut it to fit my 4.24 x 5.5" card base and adhered it to the front using adhesive only where it would be covered by the next layers.  I added a large banner of the small hexagon print (Just Married) next and then added the small banners over the top of it.  They are both from the Ephemera pack.  I added a small staple to the heart one and then embellished with a few of the sequins I love so much!

Always and Forever Card 3

The overlays look great on cards- they are shiny and add another dimension of texture!

I had a lot of fun with my last card!  I pulled out the pretty scalloped mask from the Basically Essential line to create the background on it:

Wooden Love Card 3

I love Teresa's new stencils!  There are just so many things you can do with them!  This time I pulled out my spritzer and a pretty blue marker.  I created the speckles first and then went back and added a bit of matching blue ink with a sponge to make the color pop under my main cluster.

I added a strip of the striped washi and then adhered the wooden pieces.  Then I added a bit of twine and a few enamel dots next and then finished it off with the always and forever sticker.  It just turned out so pretty!

Wooden Love 4

The Save the Date collection is such a beautiful one!  It always makes me happy to pull it out and create!

Hope you have a wonderful day!

-tessa

3 comments:

Miriam Prantner said...

Gorgeous cards Tessa! A wonderful combination of papers and embellishments. You have such a great eye! And the staging looks great too!

Karen Dunbrook said...

gorgeous cards...

Kristie said...

Every time I said I like that card best, I scrolled down and saw another winner! All 3 cards are wonderful...think the last is my fave though :-)

 
site design by designer blogs