Friday, August 29, 2014

A Watercolored Wagon for This Month's Inky Paws Challenge!

Good morning!  I had a chance to play along with the latest Inky Paws Challenge hosted by Newton's Nook Designs!  This month it is a sketch challenge- here is what I made:


I am in the mood for fall!  In fact, I had my first pumpkin spice latte' this morning!  Hee!!  I chose the adorable Wagon of Wishes set to use to create this fall feeling card, stamping the wagon and flowers on to watercolor paper with Staz On ink.  I watercolored the image and added some splatters of blue ink to the white space.  I added my sentiment from the new Simply Sentimental set to finish off the panel.


I kept my card pretty simple, embossing my kraft card base with the Large Polka Dot embossing folder by Stampin' Up!.  I also added a bit of linen thread, a chipboard button and a tiny bit of patterned paper from the My Mind's Eye Market Street 6x6 pad.

This sketch was so easy and fun to work with!  I hope you pop over to the Newton's Nook Designs blog to play along and to see what the other designers created!

Have a great day and enjoy your last long weekend of summer!
post signature

3 comments:

Christie said...

You're so talented! XOXO

Jingle said...

This is so cute! I love the water colored image!

Miriam Prantner said...

Cute! Love the watercoloring and the little pennant/button combination and love the bit of splatter on the base too.

 
site design by designer blogs