Wednesday, September 14, 2016

A Bright and Cheerful Christmas Card

Who's counting down the days until Christmas?  I have to admit- I am already excited about the holidays being here!  I was happy for back to school and Halloween stuff is out everywhere now!  Just a few more weeks and we will be seeing Christmas everywhere!

I love bright and cheerful Christmas cards!  For my Watch It Wednesday post on the Waffle Flower Crafts blog this week, I thought I would try to create a card using Christmas lights as my inspiration.  Here is how it turned out:


I used the Shower Stamp Set to create the polka-dotted background.  I stamped the bubbles in Waffle Flower's new dye ink pads in Chirp! Chirp!, My Pleasure, You Said What?, Happy Go Lucky, and New Fish in Pond.  Aren't they pretty?  I also stamped over them with white pigment ink.

The sentiment is from the new Peace on Earth Stamp Set.  I love the scripty font :)  Here, I heat embossed it using white powder.  I added that panel to a layer from the Pinking Layers Die and added it to my bright pink card base.  I added a bit of twine and some adorable jingle bells that I found in my stash.

If you'd like to see this all in action, I made a video!  It is up on the Waffle Flower blog today and also on their YouTube channel.  Pop over to check it out!

Thanks for stopping by today!  It's been awhile since I've blogged and I keep meaning to get back into it.  With school and everything, it's been a little harder than I thought to find time!  Hopefully I will be back soon with some cards I made for the Waffle Flower release :)

-tessa

No comments:

 
site design by designer blogs