Friday, April 11, 2008

Fast & Fun- Get Well Soon Card

I thought that today I'd share a card with some of my favorite things on it!




Some products used are from Stampin' Up!

Stamp Set: Fun and Fast Notes

Paper: Basic Black, Whisper White, Bashful Blue, Summer Picnic Design Series Paper

Ink: Basic Black- to stamp with; Rose Red, Pretty in Pink, Bashful Blue, Brocade Blue, Certainly Celery, Old Olive, and Real Red for watercoloring

Accessories: Rub-ons, ribbon, Liquid Pearls (by Ranger)

So, my favorite things???

The Fun and Fast Notes stamp set is great because it has a little image for just about any occasion. I can create a card for a birthday, a shower, a baby announcement... it is great! I feel like I get more for my money when I can make so many things from one set! I also like it because it is a drawn set that you get to color in. If you knew me when I was young, you would see how true this was! I remember coloring pictures for my friends, even when I was in high school! I just loved to color!!


The Color Combo I chose is also a favorite of mine. I love bright colors and these were inspired by the colors in the Summer Picnic Designer Series Paper. They are classic and pretty! I also like to use black to make things pop off my pages and cards. The black mat around the image really brings your attention to the sentiment! I also love the look of the black rub-ons on the green patterned paper.

Rub-ons have long been one of my favorite embelishments. They are easy to use and very versetile! This was the first time I've used the ones from Stampin' Up. They were easy to transfer and went down very smoothly! No weird halo to worry about! Fresh out of the package, they smelled a little weird. I had to let mine air out a little and now they are fine. I added Liquid Pearls to the centers of the little flowers after I put them down. Don't you love them!

And, last but not least, my favorite technique, Watercoloring! I've long been a fan but never truely mastered it until recently! I've tried watercolor pencils and crayons; chalks with blender pens; even watercolor paints! This way is definitly the best for me! I use an aqua pen and water-based dye ink pads! Since this post is already a little long, and my babies are getting hungry for breakfast, I better save the 'how to' for another day...

Happy Crafting!!

-tessa

5 comments:

Ashley Cannon Newell said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ashley Cannon Newell said...

I really don't like watercoloring - because it's too much work! I'm going to try my new watercolor pencils and blenders to see how that works! I need your help to teach me how to watercolor to stay in the lines, then maybe I can move up to aqua painters and reinkers!

Your card is very cute and your water color technique is awesome!

Nicole Lang said...

I too prefer to color in my images. I love watercoloring with my watercolor pencils. I have found that besides watercolor paper, Stampin' Up cardstock is the only other good paper for it. Did you use the Stampin' Up stylus with the roller ball end to make the rub-ons go on so smoothly? Also, what are liquid pearls? Are they pre-adhesived dots, or is it a paint-like thing you apply yourself?

KhrisW said...

The watercolor pencils rock : ). Love those!

Anonymous said...

I love this card! You are so talented, I need some one on one instruction... I will attempt this card and then let you know how it goes:)

 
site design by designer blogs