Sunday, June 22, 2008

Everything, a color challenge!

Nicole and I swapped color challenges this month for the first time. I chose this as my inspiration, thinking it looked simple enough:




The colors are Whisper White, Bashful Blue, Tempting Turquoise, Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive, Chocolate Chip, and Going Grey... OK. So what I though was simple ended up being a little more difficult then I thought! Here is the first card I made:




Goodies: all are by Stampin' Up!
Stamps: Always set
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Pumpkin Pie
Paper: Going Grey, Tempting Turquoise, Old Olive, Chocolate Chip, Bashful Blue card stock
Other: ribbon, unknown
Technique: Emboss Resist

The Always stamp set is one of my favorites. I absolutely love how this heart looks when I use the emboss resist technique. I know, I've posted a few of these... Funny, I thought this would be a simple color combination for me. It ended up being quite a challenge! Next time we play, I am so picking something easy!

This weekend I attended the Great American Scrapbook Convention (GASC) in Chantilly, VA. I did some shopping but didn't stay for the crop or any classes. I did find some fun stuff on the sales floor though!

Here are my favorite finds:



I love Doodlebug and when they came out with this flocking velvet, I knew it was a must have! I love all those fuzzy papers and now I can make some of my own with all the stamps I have!







Lasting Impressions is always a favorite of mine. I have about 100 templates in my collection already but I couldn't pass up these ones!

I found a lot of paper and other little goodies, too. Mostly Scenic Route, Crate Paper, and Rusty Pickle, which can be hard to find around here.
I saw lots of people from Recollections there, too which is always a treat! Glad to see that they are still scrappin'!
Anyways, off to Steph's stamp camp!

-tessa

1 comment:

thepaperchic said...

Sorry I missed you at the convention. We need to plan a cropping nite at doodles!! Love that you are posting more.

 
site design by designer blogs