Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Kristen's Birthday Gift

Good morning!

Today I am sharing a little gift I made for my friend Kristen. Her birthday was last month and of course, I was fashionably late giving it to her... Here is what I made:



Goodies:
All products by Stampin' Up! (except the frame)

Stamps: Season of Friendship set
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Bashful Blue, Rose Red, So Saffron, Old Olive classic inks
Paper: Whisper White, Chocolate Chip cardstock; Maine Blueberry DSP
Accessories: Hemp twine, rubons from last year's Sale-a-bration, dimesnionals; frame from Walmart

Pretty easy gift giving idea really. It is like a card, times three and framed! It was a lot of fun creating it special for my friend... I found the frame at Walmart, chose my colors, and stamped! Hee!

I also made her a card using a paper weaving technique I found in this month's Stampin' Success (SU! demo magazine). Here it is:



Goodies:
All products by Stampin' Up!

Stamps: Crazy for Cupcakes set, A Little Birthday Cheer set
Ink: So Saffron, Regal Rose, Pumpkin Pie, Pink Pirouette classic inks; Jet Black Stazon
Paper: Pumpkin Pie, So Saffron, Regal Rose, Whisper White cardstock; Sweet Always DSP
Accessories: So Saffron wide grosgrain ribbon, Dazzling Diamonds glitter, Dimensionals, Aqua Painter, Stamping Sponges

The paper weave was pretty easy, too. I'm glad I tried it!

Today I think I'll have some time to stamp so hopefully I'll be back tomorrow with some fun new projects to share!

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!

-tessa

8 comments:

Pirre said...

Wow! The "painting" is gorgoeus! Good idea!!!

Ashley Cannon Newell said...

Tessa, that's such a beautiful framed gift! I know Kristen loved it!

Jennifer said...

Love that framed art set! So pretty.

Lynnette said...

What a great idea. Thanks for sharing your many ideas. You are so creative :)

Nancy Riley said...

What a fantastic gift for your friend! I just love stamped art! Great card too!

Mary said...

WOW! That framed is gorgeous!

Kristen said...

I'm a lucky girl!! I absolutely LOVE my gift and card. I saw some art in an art gallery today that wasn't as nice as my gift from Tessa and was selling for $200!

Anyssa said...

Framed art painting and cute card both are lovely gifts... Great idea!!

 
site design by designer blogs