Tuesday, July 14, 2009

A Pretty Birdcage Card

I am really loving the new Chic Boutique stamp set Stampin' Up! came out with in thier most recent catalog. The images are pretty and almost have a dainty feel to them. It also has an Eiffel tower image that I could not pass up! Hee! Today's card has the birdcage image on it... It is a card I made for the Paper Crafts Magazine Gallery Idol and although I like how it turned out, I picked my boots card over it for the competition! Hee! Here it is:



Goodies:
All products by Stampin' Up! unless otehrwise noted

Stamps: Chic Boutique set, Hope Happens set
Ink: Baja Breeze, Going Gray, Basic Black Classic inks
Paper: Rose Red, Sahara Sand, Basic Gray Cardstock; textured cardstock by Bazzill; patterned paper by October Afternoon
Accessories: Paper piercer, White Signo Gel pen, Old Olive wide grosgrain ribbon, Photo Corner punch, Dimenionsionals, Aquapainter, Dazzling Diamonds, half back pearls from the Pretties Kit; yellow fuzzy ribbon by Cosmo Cricket; pink ribbon by American Crafts

While shopping in my LSS, I was drawn to the colors in the patterned papers I chose... They are by October Afternoon and I love their designs! I added a little glitter to my birdcage after I watercolored it, too but it is hard to see in the picture.

I don't have much planned for today, which I love!! I'll probably just hang out around the house and hopefully get to play with my stamps a little! I have a project that I've been working on for a friend that should be done this evening so hopefully I can share that later this week, too!

If you get a chance, stop by the Paper Crafts Gallery Idol Contest and vote for your favorite! The cards are so cute this week!!

Thanks for stopping by today! I hope you have a great day!!

-tessa

3 comments:

Rose Castillo said...

You got my vote! Both of your cards are very beautiful. I hadn't realized you were one of the finalist for the Gallery Idol contest. Congrats!

Debbie said...

Love your cards and congrats for being a finalists

Jess Lundahl said...

Super cute card, although I think you made a great choice for the contest entry. I may have to get that stamp set yet :)

 
site design by designer blogs