Tuesday, February 9, 2010

I Love You, Friend...

Today I'm sharing another card I made over our snowy weekend... it is still going on, too, just in case you were wondering... 10-20 more inches starting at noon today! Luckily we've had our power on the entire time and we were able to stock up on lots of yummy goodies yesterday to get us through this next leg of the winter storm...

My friend Andrea posted a challenge on her blog, Twilight Sparrow last week to use this painting by Emily Martin from the Black Apple Shoppe as inspiration for a card or paper craft.



Of course, I made a card. It was a little tricky since I didn't have a hedgie stamp, an airplane stamp, or cute little kids stamps... I just took the colors in the painting and the theme of love and friends. Here it is:



Goodies:
All products by Stampin' Up!

Stamps: Vintage Vogue set, Picture This set
Ink: Basic Black, Close to Cocoa, So Saffron classic ink; Versamark
Paper: Going Gray, Real Red, Crushed Curry, Old Olive cardstock; Baja Breeze textured cardstock; The Write Stuff DSP
Accessories: Basic Gray Satin ribbon, Crystal Effects, half back pearl(Pretties Kit), Close to Cocoa corduroy buttons, Hemp twine, Clear embossing powder

I wanted to go for a simple look to make the flowers stand out and added some softness by inking around the edges of the background pieces. It is a little different then most cards I make but I like it!

Thanks Andrea for the challenge! I wish I had a cute hedgie stamp to play with! Hee!

Enjoy your day and thanks for stopping by!

-tessa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just gorgeous!!!

 
site design by designer blogs