Monday, March 19, 2012

A Blue Posie Card

Hi there!

Hope you're enjoying your afternoon! We are having another wonderful spring day where I live which means I've been playing outside with two little ones all day! We just got back from picking up my oldest from school and finally, they all want to relax and watch a little movie... I'm OK with that! Hee! These kids really keep me going some days!

I had a great time this weekend- I cropped with some of my favorite people down at Scrapdoodles on Saturday and I have to say, it was one of my favorite marathon crops ever! Thanks for the fun times girls!! I was able to get lots done... 3 cards and a couple layouts, too! Today I'm sharing one of my cards- it was inspired by the Saturday Sketch Challenge over at Two Peas in a Bucket. I am really liking these challenges! Here is my card:


Goodies:

Stamps: Pebbles
Ink: Old Olive, Basic Black, Pacific Point- Stampin' Up!
Paper: Sahara Sand, Basic Gray, Whisper White cardstock- Stampin' Up!; Sasparilla 8x8 pad- October Afternoon
Accessories: Crochet trim, Linen Thread, Scallop punch, Dazzling Details- Stampin' Up!

I am loving all the pretty blue papers in the Sasparilla line by October Afternoon. There are so many pretty prints! I was excited to put some of them together for this card. I also love the look of the posie stamp but I have to say... it was a pain to use! I use predominantly dye based inks and wanted to use markers to color the stamp in three different colors- not easy when using an acrylic stamp! I ended up having to color over the image to fill in the areas where the inks wouldn't stick. I know this wouldn't be a problem if I was using pigment inks but I haven't found pigment ink markers... Do you have any you like to use with acrylic stamps?

OK! Well the movie my kids put in was a good idea but they are ready to head outside again! lol! At least they will sleep good tonight!

Thanks for stopping by and if you get a chance, check out the great sketches at Two Peas!

-tessa

1 comment:

Sara said...

I love this card! Can you tell me the dimensions of the DSP? I'm sure I could figure it out on my own but really like what you've done : )

 
site design by designer blogs