Saturday, December 29, 2012

A Cupcake Card

With a little time on my hands, I thought I'd play along with a challenge!  I searched for card sketch challenges and came across Freshly Made Sketches.  They have some fun designs!  Here is the card I made for their current sketch:


And here is the sketch:


The color scheme for my card was inspired by my January 2013 Better Homes and Gardens magazine cover:


I loved the purple and coral on top of yellow!  So bright and springy and perfect for a fun birthday card! One of my new year's resolutions is to send more cards.  I always need to send birthday cards so I will be creating these more often... and actually sending them!

Hope you are having a great weekend!  We have had the week off so today doesn't really feel like a Saturday- I am thankful that we still have a few days left of our time off!  We are planning a few more mini adventures before everyone is back to school and work.  :)

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

-tessa

4 comments:

Jen said...

I love your fun take on the sketch! And how cool that your magazine inspired the colors! I feel like I should start checking out my magazines for some ideas!! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches! I hope you'll be back!

Jen Timko said...

This is such fun, Tessa! I love the little envelope detail and the great embellishments. Glad you joined us this week at FMS!

Taheerah (*LittleMissT*) said...

Very cute Tessa! Retro and modern at the same time, just like that magazine cover!

Rita said...

Fun colors and I love the little kraft bag to hold the tag! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches! Happy New Year!

 
site design by designer blogs