Monday, August 5, 2013

Calico Kitties Card

Hi There!

What are you up to today?  I'm still visiting my family on the west coast and I'm loving every minute of it!  I seriously wonder why I live all the way on the other side of the country sometimes... Don't get me wrong- I love it there, too but it's just not the same as being home :)

I thought I'd share a little card I made recently using the cute Newton's Antics set by Newton's Nook Designs!  The kitties are just too fun and I can't get enough of them!  Today I created a couple of cuddling calico kitties :)


Aren't they cute paper pieced together?  I used Pebbles Inc. Family Ties line for this, stamping the kitties onto the plaid and floral designs and cutting them out.  I stamped them again on my white panel and watercolored a little shadow around them.  I pieced the patterned kitties on to the top, popping up the plaid one to give it some dimension.


After they were pieced together, I added some stamped hearts above them and built my card.  I love the sentiments in this set, too!  They work perfectly with the kitty theme!

Well, I'm going to keep it short today- off on a few adventures in the next couple of days then it's back to DC!  Gotta enjoy it while I can! :)

-tessa

2 comments:

Diane (fionna51) said...

Cute card, Tessa!

I left you a comment on "Katie's Questions"...one of your posts on your genealogy blog...check it out.

Diane

Diane (fionna51) said...

I left a second comment...
Diane

 
site design by designer blogs