Thursday, March 13, 2014

Curing My Blues With A Birthday Card

Hello!  How's your week going?  Mine is a slow one but it's going pretty well.  I'm glad tomorrow's Friday! 

I have a card to share today- it was inspired by Taheerah's Cure for the Monday Blues Challenge #7- Sunny Side Up:


I've been wanting to play along with this challenge since Taheera started it- I can't believe it's been 7 weeks already!  I'm glad I had time to play along!
*Edited to add* So I guess I'm still behind- lol!  I played along with last week instead of this week!  Oops!

Yesterday I had a few minutes to create after the girls went to bed and decided to get out a few of my new Lawn Fawn goodies- I used the Birthday Tags set for this one:

Birthday-Tag-Card

I was inspired by the colors, the woodgrain, and the white-on-white look from the original photo.  I started with a white card base and embossed the front with the Herringbone folder by Teresa Collins Designs for Craftwell.  Next, I stamped a woodgrain pattern onto kraft cardstock and sewed it to the card using my machine.  I stamped and diecut the tag and then added the sentiment and cupcake.  The cupcake was colored with Copics.  I added a little flower sequin from Lawn Fawn for fun!

Birthday-Tag--Card-2

I added a strip of washi and a strip of glitter paper to the card front and then added the tag.  Then I finished it off with the yellow patterned paper stamped with asterisks and the ribbon.

I had fun with this- new stamps, new challenge and a few of my old favorites mixed in too!  Thanks Taheerah for the inspiration!

-tessa


1 comment:

Miriam Prantner said...

So sweet! I love the trim choices and that bit of sparkle!

 
site design by designer blogs