Monday, December 15, 2014

A Boxed Up Christmas Gift

This project popped up on the SRM Stickers blog over the weekend so I thought I'd share it here, too!

I always love giving homemade goodies as gifts around the holidays.  It makes the house smell so good!  Yum!  This year I'm planning to give gifts of jelly and sweet bread.  I thought the Kraft Box would be the perfect thing to package it in!


My mom and stepdad made this wonderful jalapeno jelly.  Mom loves the Labels By The Dozen sheets, especially the Christmas one!  They look so cute on those jars!


You can see that the bread and two jellies fit perfectly into the Kraft Box.  I think the boxes are cute all on their own but this time I decided to decorate the top with a few holiday themed goodies:


I started by adding a wide strip of the red and white striped paper from the Teresa Collins Candy Cane Lane collection to the left hand side.  Along the edge of it, I added a white stitch from the Sticker Stitches- Christmas sheet.  I added a large White Lace Doily over the top of it and layered the wooden Noel embellishment (also from Teresa Collins) in the center of it.  To finish it off, I embellished with a bit of crinkled green seam binding and pretty Platinum Shimmer baker's twine.


I am loving these boxes! It was really fun decorating the outside with my scrapbooking supplies- way more fun than wrapping paper! :)

Hope you have a great day!
post signature
 
site design by designer blogs