Friday, August 7, 2015

A Project Runway Challenge- Mad Dash Mayhem

So guess what show came on last night??  Season 15 of Project Runway!!  I am always so inspired by this show- even though I'm a card maker and not very fashion forward lol!  I love the challenges, the fabrics, and the looks the contestants all pull together!  It's just so fun!  Last year I played along with some of the challenges- it was so out of the box for me and I had a lot of fun with it!  I'm going to be playing along this year too and thought I'd invite everyone to play along with me!  What do you think??


For this week's challenge, set your timer for 1 minute and gather a kit together.  You will use what you grab to make your card.  Don't forget to grab your scissors and adhesive- you probably don't have anyone to borrow from in your craft room, right?  (PS- who shows up for Project Runway without their scissors?)  Make a card inspired by one of the top 3 or bottom 3 looks.  Don't forget to show us who you are as a designer!  When you're finished, add your card to the link up below.  You'll have until Thursday, August 20th to play along with this challenge.

I pulled together a few supplies with Ashley's winning look in mind:


Here is what I came up with:


I grabbed my new Pineapples A Plenty Stamp set and die from Reverse Confetti for this one.  I knew I was going to use yellow and I was inspired by the cute pineapple t-shirt Ashley was wearing during the episode.  I also grabbed some tan and white cardstock, a circle punch, a sticker sheet from Bella Blvd and sticker stitches from SRM that were already on my desk, my favorite mist, gold thread, and a pack of sequins.  All of my favorites! :)

I kept the design simple going for a collagy look with a cluster at the bottom of the card front.  This is definitely all me- including a little sass with that sentiment! :)  Here's a closer look:


I hope you'll join me in the challenge!  It's just for fun but I might put together a little giveaway if I get enough people interested in playing along.
post signature


2 comments:

Daniela Dobson said...

You are amazing, seriously! LOVE this! I missed it last night, but it's set to record the episode so I can watch it. I want to participate in this challenge.

Miriam Prantner said...

Love that you're doing this again this year! I am going to try and play along at least once!

 
site design by designer blogs