Tuesday, July 14, 2020

Crochet Baby Yoda

Finished amigurumi

Anyone else have a pile of crafts they started during quarantine???

I am sure there are some people out there who can relate when I say I had a moment of start all the things in my craft room!  One project that I had been wanting to make was this cute little crochet amigurumi piece featuring The Child (Baby Yoday).  I might be a little obsessed with Baby Yoda, lol!

Amigurumi head on a skein of yarn

I found this adorable pattern on Yarn Society through Pinterest.  Her instructions are amazing!  Pictures of many steps plus you can scroll through so you don't forget your place.  Many of her patterns also include a full video tutorial on YouTube.  Like I said- she is amazing!

Parts of a crochet amigurumi

I found yarns in the correct colors at Michaels- it was the only local store open at the beginning of quarantine.  I chose Rich Mint and Almond Crisp.  Almond Crisp has three different tones of brown so I had the cream and tan in one skein.  I used an E crochet hook for my Yodas.  I picked up safety eyes in an assortment from Amazon.

Part of a crochet amigurumi

I ended up creating two of these- one as a gift and one for myself.  I would say a beginner could do it with the help of YouTube for unkown stitches or terms.  I hadn't crocheted in many years and had a pretty easy time getting the hang of it.

Crochet amigurumi in pieces

Creating Baby Yoda has jumpstarted my love of crochet again!  I will have a few more crochet projects to share soon- like I said, I had a crazy case of start all the things, lol!

-Tess


2 comments:

Astrids dragon said...

He turned out great, so cute! I want to learn how to crochet, but I don't know that this would be my first.

Tessa Wise said...

Maybe it can be your second. 😋 there are so many videos that help on YouTube!

 
site design by designer blogs