Thursday, October 29, 2009

Butterfly Thank You Card

Good morning!! Today I'm in a great mood, despite the weather and despite having to go to the dentist today... I'm planning some shopping this afternoon- all by myself- which almost never happens! Hee!

Today I'm sharing a card I made using Embellish Magazine's latest challenge:



I sat with these colors on my desk for soooo long! I just couldn't decide what to do. Finally, I grabbed an old favorite that hasn't gotten to play in a while, my Simple Friendship set, and finally, the idea came! Here is what I made:



Goodies:
All products by Stampin' Up!

Stamps: Simple Friendship set, Thank You Kindly set
Ink: Melon Mambo, Basic Gray Classic inks
Paper: Basic Black, Melon Mambo, Pretty in Pink, Basic Gray, Whisper White cardstock; Going Gray textured cardstock; Walk in the Park DSP(retired)
Accessories: Top Note Die, Melon Mambo polka-dot grosgrain ribbon, White Signo Gel pen, paper piercer, Dazzling Diamonds glitter, Fire Circle Rhinestone brads

Have you ever tried to pop the rhinestones out of the Fire and Ice brads? It's a toughie but I did it for my butterfly's wings. I also loaded her up with lots of Dazzling Diamonds glitter. I also flipped the ribbon so that the polka-dots wouldn't be seen- an easy trick for a totally different look!

I am so glad that people post challenges like this that make me use products I haven't in a while... it is like a little breath of fresh crafty air! I think tonight I'll pull all my stamps out and grab another I haven't used in awhile for my next card!

Hope you all have a great Thursday! It's almost Friday!! Yeah!! Thanks for stopping by today, too!

-tessa

4 comments:

Kristin Moore said...

Very nice use of these colors! The butterfly looks great with the pretty trail behind it, and the bling on the wings! Way to go!

Anonymous said...

Just gorgeous! I love the color combo and the layout on this card. Wonderful!

Ashley Cannon Newell said...

Thanks so much for participating in the challenge! Think Pink!

Pam Speidel said...

WOW! Another BEAUTY! You've got SKILLS girl! :)

 
site design by designer blogs