Thursday, October 15, 2009

Cardinal Christmas Card

Last year, my mom bought A Cardinal Christmas set to do her Christmas cards with. I got to play around with it for a couple days before sending it to her and just loved it! This year when we were talking about the different sets to use, we decided to make a trade- I sent the one I used for my cards last year and she sent me A Cardinal Christmas! Hee! Here is what I made with it:



Goodies:
All products by Stampin' Up!

Stamps: A Cardinal Christmas
Ink: Jet Black StazOn; Real Red, Pumpkin Pie, Mellow Moss, Always Artichoke, Soft Suede classic inks
Paper: Watercolor paper; Chocolate Chip and Real Red cardstock; Christmas Cocoa DSP
Accessories: White Signo Gel pen, paper piercer, Aqua Painter, Valet Ribbon Originals (retired)

I was keeping this card simple and elegant and I love how it turned out! I just watercolored the image onto watercolor paper and then added faux stitching around the outside edge. I inked around the focal point and the patterned paper edges, too!

Well, hopefully you are having a great Thursday today! We have rain so I think it will be a craft day for my two little girls... I'm thinking finger paints!!! I can't say that too loud though or they'll go bazurk! Hee!

Bye!

-tessa
 
site design by designer blogs