Sunday, December 27, 2009

Pairing some old with the new...

Hi! Hope you are all enjoying your weekend and maybe even getting some craft time in after the holidays! For me, it was so weird not working on Christmas cards! Hee! I felt a little lost at first until I grabbed a stack of my new goodies from Stampin' Up!



Goodies:
All products by Stampin' Up!

Stamps: Vintage Vogue set, Full of Life set
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Old Olive classic inks; Versamark
Paper: Chocolate Chip, Kraft, Whisper White, Rose Red, So Saffron cardstock; Sweet Pea DSP
Accessories: White embossing powder, Scallop Edge punch, Curly Label punch, paper piercing tool, Sweet Pea Stitched Felt

I found a sheet of old sketches I've made while looking through blogs and I know that someone is supposed to be credited for this design- I just don't know who! My sketches were from October and if I track the designer down, I'll add it here...

I have found that the new designer paper pack by SU! is very easy to work with- there are two different types of designs going on but it is fun to mix and match them all together. The ones I used on this card were more vintagy looking to me and very girly! They look very pretty when paired with the new Vintage Vogue set. For this card, I used the 'F' stamp from that set for my focal point. I stamped it with Versamark onto Rose Red cardstock and heat embossed it with White embossing powder. I cut out the 'F' and stamped the image again with Chocolate Chip onto Kraft paper. This time I used my Curly Label punch to punch around the 'friends' part. I felt like my card needed a sentiment of some sort and while the ones that come with the Vintage Vogue set are nice, I immediately thought of this saying from the Full of Life set that I've had forever and rarely use. I stamped it onto Kraft with Chocolate Chip ink and added some Versamark filigree from the Vintage Vogue set in the background. I also finally used one of my new Stitched Felties that SU! created to go with this paper pack. I've been hoarding them for a few weeks now!

Hope you all enjoyed your holidays! We are enjoying a sort of winter break here- no preschool to wake up early for and my hubby is taking some time off, too! It's a nice change of pace!

Thanks for stopping by today!

-tessa

4 comments:

Unknown said...

This is super cute! I love how you used the "F" and "Friends," especially with the curly label punch. Great job on your card!

Anonymous said...

Wow, this is fantastic! I love the layout and the dsp's that you put together!!!

coffeenut said...

This is beautiful! I may have to make something like it in one of my card classes. Thank you for sharing your creations with us.

Jennifer Engle said...

So pretty! I love your new blog header too!

 
site design by designer blogs