Monday, May 5, 2008

Summer...


So with all the nice weather recently, I've been dreaming about summer! No, not the hot, sweaty, sweltering days but the fun things we get to do all summer long! I can't wait to splash around at the pool with the girls! There is this great one out in Manassas that Beth introduced me to last year...

This project was inspired by the feeling of summer! I got the little paper mache' pie piece from Recollections before the closed... it was 90% off so I only paid a few cents for it!! I used the Summer Picnic Line by Stampin' Up (in their current mini catalogue) to decorate it, along with some black buttons. The word summer is stamped in black ink, cut out and then diamond glazed and sprinkled with fine glitter. I love this technique and use it quite often! Zoey's photo is held up by a clothes pin I painted red to match. I love it!

I know some of you are waiting to hear about some more up coming classes... I am planning an open house at the beginning of June! I'll let you know more details as I work them out. I will be holding it in Woodbridge so I hope you all will be able to make it!

2 comments:

Nicole Lang said...

This is super cute! What is diamond glaze?

Mary said...

Sooooo cute! I love it!

 
site design by designer blogs