Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Bella Blooms

I signed up for a demo only swap on Splitcoast Stampers last week. It should be a fun one- I have to make 5 cards and send them to 5 different people and I get 5 back from them every month. I decided to use Bloomin' Beautiful in celebration of it making the new Fall-Winter idea book. Have you seen the new catalog yet? The new sets are great!! I linked it over there---> It is still only the PDF version; Stampin' Up! is revamping their website to get ready for online shopping.

Anyways, here is my August swap card:



Goodies:
All products by Stampin' Up!

Stamps: Bloomin' Beautiful set, Polka Dot Background
Ink: Basic Black, Close to Cocoa, Parasol Pink, Riding Hood Red, Kiwi Kiss, So Saffron
Paper: Whisper White textured card stock; Whisper White, Chocolate Chip, and Riding Hood Red card stock; Bella Rose DSP
Others: Dazzling Diamonds Glitter, Circle Fire Rhinestone Brads, Dimensionals, Aqua Painter

I watercolored and cut out the flower and bee. You can't see it very well but I added a popped up layer to the flower. I inked around the edges with a makeup sponge. I like the softened look it gives the card. The glitter makes it sparkle a little, too!


I want to share some pictures from last weekend, too! Zoey went on her first roller coaster at the Arlington County fair on Sunday! It was funny because the Travel Channel had on one of their roller coaster shows that morning and we had watched it. When she saw the real one, she was all pumped up to ride it! Here she is with her cousin Micah who absolutely hated it...



Here she is after her ride:



This one makes me laugh, too- Daddy just HAD to take Natalie on the giant slide...



We've been having lots of fun this summer!

-tessa

1 comment:

Ashley Cannon Newell said...

hi tessa...love the torn strip and of course your watercoloring technique! the pictures of the kids...priceless! too funny!

 
site design by designer blogs