Monday, December 29, 2008

Valentines Leftovers

When I started building this card I was planning on using my new stamps from Stampin' Up! As a demo we are allowed to order some sets early and I am dying to show them off!! I stamped out a pretty heart from one of the sets and matted it out... taking lots of time to get it just right! Then I set it down on the base of the card (already decorated with the stripes, the scallop edge, and the ribbon) and it just didn't fit! I racked my brain trying to think of ways to make it work but in the end, I ended up using some of my left over paper from yesterday's card and my brand new Hearts Trio punch instead! Here it is:



Goodies:
All products by Stampin' Up!

Stamps: Love You Much set, Happy Heart set
Ink: Chocolate Chip Classic ink
Paper: Regal Rose, Pumpkin Pie, Pink Pirouette, Chocolate Chip card stock; Sweet Always DSP
Accessories: Dimensionals, Chocolate Chip wide grosgrain ribbon, Scallop Edge punch, Heart Trio punch, Corner Rounder punch

I layered the hearts so that some of them popped up a bit to create some dimension...


I also made another quick project. A Valentines binder clip photo holder. I am planning to send it to my Mom with a current picture to set on her desk. Here it is:



Goodies:
All products by Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted.

Stamps: Love You Much set
Ink: Riding Hood Red, Chocolate Chip Classic Ink
Paper: Candy Cane Lane DSP
Accessories: Dimensionals; ribbon by Lasting Impressions, Binder Clip from Office Depot

We're off to the National History Museum today... I've been wanting to go since it reopened in November but I've had to wait. I am looking forward to seeing what they did with all the exhibits! It is sunny here and looks like it will be a beautiful day so I know we will have lots of fun!

Hope you all have a great day, too! Thanks for stopping by for a peek!

-tessa

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this card! These colors are so pretty together. I just ordered this paper and can't wait to get it. I also ordered the bundle. Now I need to get my act together and start making cards:)

Unknown said...

Tessa, I love your card! Also, it's fun to see what I may get in the mail. Love that picture of Natalie as well. Love you, Zoey, and Jeremy too. Mom

Susan (peebsmama) said...

Love all the little hearts along the border of your card. The binder clip is a cute idea.

Anonymous said...

I just LOVE this card (saw it on SCS) and am so glad you blog - I'm adding you to my google reader ASAP.

Kim said...

Sweet Valentine's Day card!

 
site design by designer blogs