Wednesday, May 20, 2009

An Early Fourth of July Card

Today I'm posting a card I'm teaching at Scrapdoodles in June. This card focuses on a quilted background technique I learned a few years ago. I love how it came together! Here it is:



If you live near Fredericksburg, VA, join me on June 13th at 1:30pm. We will be making 4 cards and the cost is $16.00. To sign up, please call Scrapdoodles at (540) 548-3788.

Who's excited to see how wins American Idol tonight? I can't wait! I am rooting for Chris but if Adam wins, I'll still be OK. They both have talent... I just like Chris' sound better!

Hope you all are having a fabulous day! Thanks for stopping by for a peek!

-tessa

16 comments:

lovecme said...

I love this card!! I think it would make a great background for my son's scrapbook. We have some great pics from last year!

Lisa Kmiec said...

Love this! I so wish I was close to you. I would love to take your class.

Anna said...

Can you tell me who makes the paper? I love it. :) Thanks,
Anna

Mona Pendleton said...

Great card ALL American card! Thanks for sharing!

Pam Speidel said...

This is FANTASTIC Tessa! Sure wish I could take your class!

Beth said...

OMGosh, I wish we lived closer! I have a DF whose birthday is July 4th and this would be The Perfect bday card! Gorgeous!!

Unknown said...

This is fabulous! I love what you've been creating.... stop by and pick up an award! :)

Jamie Hurley said...

I want to come! (said in most whiney voice):) This is too FAB!

Rachel Bleich said...

I love this card! The paper is fun, cute, I don't know...it covers all the aspects. Do you cut the paper to fit like paper piecing or do you layer them? I agree with lovecme that it would make a wonderful scrapbook page background. Thanks for sharing your talent and I do wish I lived closer to attend.

Unknown said...

Very cool!

Jessica G. said...

What a cool card! That technique is great for the 4th of July card!

Ali Manning said...

This is a fabulous card - I love this quilted look!

Jess Lundahl said...

Great card!! I love the background you made.

Katie Ann Brooks said...

Stunning card, loved your Kwerner challenge too.

Come by for a chance at blog candy if you want. :)

Ali Dantre said...

Tessa, early or not...my goodness me it's beautiful! I love this look and it must of taken a wee while to get it looking so perfect. I love the way you have chalked all the edges just smoothly seperating each section.

Top Dollar!!

Wish I lived near I would come along :-(

hugs
Lisa.xxx

Have FUN!

Cindy Major said...

That's a great way to use paper scraps! Love that funky background!

 
site design by designer blogs