Monday, May 18, 2009

Raspberry Suite Color Challenge #6

I love participating in Dawn McVey's color challenge! Her color choices are always bright and cheerful and usually colors that I wouldn't normally put together. For this one, she used a light aqua, a bright corally pink, chocolate brown, and white. Here is her inspirational photo:



For me, stamping with mostly Stampin' Up supplies, it was hard to find just the right shades in my stash... I finally found some patterned paper by Chatterbox and kind of went from there! Here is the card I made:



Goodies:
Products by Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted

Stamps: Polkadot background, Friends 24-7 set, Dreams DuJour set
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Creamy Caramel, Cameo Coral Classic inks; Versamark
Paper: Chocolate Chip, Whisper White cardstock; patterned paper by Chatterbox, Seaside paper by Lasting Impressions
Accessories: Sander block, Chocolate Chip wide grosgrain ribbon, Dazzling Diamonds glitter, Clear embossing powder, piercing tool, Dimensionals by Stampin' Up! Scallop Edge punch by Fiskars; miniature halfback pearls- unknown...

I love the look of the Polkadot background stamp on white paper. I stamped it with Versamark and then heat embossed it with clear embossing powder. I think it just addes a little something to the background. I built up the layers on this card and had a hard time finding something to add to the middle as a focal point. I started with a large flower stamp, then tried a larger butterfly but since my inks are just a tad off, I went with the sentiment in brown... I added the butterfly last, using a stamped off version of Cameo Coral... it toned it down a little and matched the background paper a little better!

I am finally done with the big projects I was working on so I should be posting more regularly now! I am planning to work on Kristina Werner's latest color challenge this afternoon... if you have time, you should play along, too!!

Thanks for looking!

-tessa

12 comments:

Krissie said...

Beautiful card, its a great color combination too!

Tiffany Heilman said...

great use of the colors. I love your card!

Mona Pendleton said...

Hi Tessa! Great job with the color challenge! I have to thank you as my "link" to the Raspberry Suite color challenges! I stumbled on your blog one day & have been a follower since! I love your style!:) Thx, Mona

Jennifer said...

As always...wonderful card. Great use of the colors. =)

Terri Trotter Earley said...

I like the polka dot detail on the white as well. Thanks for pointing that out, I would have missed it. Way to rock the color combo.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Winter said...

Very pretty! Love the patterned paper!

BethieJ said...

Your card is so PRETTY!!!

Winter said...

Congrats on top pick! :)

Anthonette said...

Beautiful card! Congrats on Dawn's roundup. I love that scallop border punch...I want it! I haven't seen that one at my Michael's.

Mimi said...

Congratulations on being in Dawn's round up!

Jennie said...

Congrats on being in the top ten! I especially love the Van Gogh quote. I noticed that you live in Woodbridge, VA. What a small world...my aunt and uncle, Donna and Bill Barron, live there, too. :-)
Jennie

Ali Dantre said...

Tess, this is beautiful hunni!!
you always produce such stunning work!

Bless you sweetheart

Hugs
Lisa.xx

 
site design by designer blogs