Friday, December 4, 2009

Merry Matryoshka Christmas

Hello! Hope you are all enjoying your Friday afternoon! I'm looking forward to this weekend- teaching a Christmas card class tomorrow and shopping with my sister on Sunday! I can't wait!

Today, I'm sharing a card using a new set out of the upcoming Occasions Mini from Stampin' Up! It's called My Matryoshka and it couldn't be cuter! Here is my card:



Goodies:
All products by Stampin' Up!

Stamps: My Matryoshka set
Ink: Ruby Red, Old Olive, Pretty in Pink, Blush Blossom, Soft Suede classic inks; Jet Black Staz On
Paper: Soft Suede, Ruby Red cardstock; Watercolor paper; Sweet Pea DSP (also from the upcoming mini!)
Accessories: Pretty in Pink satin ribbon (upcoming mini), Hemp twine, Latte button assortment, Scallop Edge punch, paper piercer, Signo white gel pen, Blending pens

I colored my little dolls using blender pens and residual ink from my stamp pads. The image has tiny spots that were a little tricky coloring in with the Aqua painter so I switched it up and the blender pens worked great!

These stamps were also in a new format that Stampin' Up! will offer with the upcoming mini- repositionable clear mounting stamps! I can honestly say that the quality is superb and the image came out crisp and clear- just like a wood-mounted stamp. It is the same quality rubber and foam as they have always used, just with a cling layer to stick to acrylic blocks. I know a lot of people who will be very happy with this option! Hee!

Well, better get back to my Christmas cards... Thanks for stopping by today!

-tessa

5 comments:

Ronda said...

What an adorable card! Glad to hear that you are liking the clear mounted option as I am anxiously awaiting my order of new goodies, LOL!

Mel Makes Pretty said...

OMG Matryoshka stamps! I am an Aussue SU demonstrator (just started) and I really hope we get those in a future catalogue.
I love your card and you blog.
Have a great day,
Bless,
Mel

Natalie Decker said...

So lovely! I knew I wanted to buy that set!

Cheryl Nelson said...

so cute!! love the Matryoshka stamps!

Cath said...

Hey Tessa! Thanks for entering the Christmas in the Old Country Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! :)

 
site design by designer blogs