Monday, January 25, 2010

Hello Again!

Wow! Time sure flies by when you're having fun! I've been enjoying a new member to our family- baby Seyla Aubry!



My sister gave birth almost two weeks ago and she is the sweetest little girl! Mama, Daddy, and big brothers Asher and Micah are loving her like crazy and doing really well! With a new baby comes lots of visitors, too! Hee! Being so far away from our home state of Washington, we don't get too many of them each year so it's been a real treat!

Since our weekend visitors left this morning for the airport, I decided to relax and spend a little time stamping this afternoon...



Goodies:
All products by Stampin' Up!

Stamps: Crazy for Cupcakes set
Ink: Soft Suede, So Saffron, Rose Red, Bermuda Bay, Going Gray classic inks; Jet Black StazOn
Paper: Soft Suede, So Saffron, Rose Red, Bermuda Bay cardstock; watercolor paper
Accessories: Bermuda Bay polka-dot grosgrain ribbon, Aqua Painter, Scallop Edge punch, Signo White gel pen, paper piercer, Perfect Polka-dots texture plate, Dazzling Diamonds; White Embossing powder

Pretty, right? The colors were inspired by Just Add Ink's first challenge:



I changed them up a little but only because I am all out of Taken with Teal paper! Guess I'll have to order some more in my next box.

I also used a great icing technique straight out of January's Stampin' Success magazine- so cool! I'll be teaching it at my next workshop for sure!

Anyways, time for a little arts and crafts with my kiddos before I start dinner... enjoy the rest of your day and thanks for popping by!

-tessa

14 comments:

sunbear said...

delicious card! ur sisters baby is gorgeous too:)

Jamie Hurley said...

that is one gorgeous baby! and that card is totally sweet too!

Danielle Daws said...

What an adorable baby!

That's a gorgeous card you've done too. I love the layout you've done and the Bermuda Bay looks divine in place of Taken with Teal. Beautiful! Thanks for playing!

Bronwyn Eastley said...

I'll try again. Made a typo before! Your card is so sweet. The faux technique is a favourite of mine at the moment.

Unknown said...

A lovely card, great job!

Anonymous said...

very very nice!!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card! Great layout and I love the color combo!!!

ohmycrafts said...

Love those cupcakes on the card. And what a beautiful baby! Congrats!

AJ said...

Hi Tessa! Nice to see you playing along! I love your card, but then again I love ALL your cards. Thanks for playing at Just Add Ink! x Amanda

Mel said...

Love your card! Can't wait to try out the frosting technique! Thanks for sharing & congrats on being in the top 5 picks at Just Add Ink!

tiny homes said...

Your sister's baby is adorable! She is so cute and fragile! And the card too is adorable.

Ellen said...

Congrats on being featured in the Stampin' Success! :) (That I just now had enough time to actually read instead of leaf through!!)

Jean Martin said...

awww such a cutie!!! Tessa I wish you would make videos on how you put your cards together. That would be really great. :) Just hoping... :)

Kierra said...

those cupcakes look good enough to eat ^-^ good job using the colors.

 
site design by designer blogs