Friday, January 8, 2010

Vintage Kraftiness

With the new year comes inspiration to organize my craft area and purge out the older stuff I don't use any more. It also unearths old favorites, like the Chic Boutique set that I haven't used in ages! I also found a lonely little Sizzix flower die that hasn't gotten to play in awhile- poor guy! I think I only used it once! I paired these up with some pretty polka-dotted DSP and lots of Kraft cardstock to make this:



Goodies:
All products by Stampin' Up!

Stamps: Chic Boutique set, Sprinkles set
Ink: Versamark; Soft Suede, Going Gray, Basic Black classic inks
Paper: Kraft, Soft Suede, Rose Red, Crushed Curry, Old Olive cardstock; The Write Stuff DSP; Thoroughly Modern DSP
Accessories: Scallop Edge punch, Paper Piercing Tool, White Signo gel pen, Circle Rhinestone Brad (Pretties Kit), Sponges, SU! Floral Fusion die, Sweet Pea Stitched Felt, dimensionals

I wanted to create a soft, vintage feel with some bright colors and I love how it turned out! I used the flower stamp from the Sprinkles to create a soft background and used my favorite Soft Suede ink to sponge around the edges. I think the textures of the felt and the torn edges also help with the vintage feel.

OK! I hope you are enjoying your day and if you have time, check out your old stash and pull out some of those favorites that haven't been used in a while!

Thanks for stopping by!

-tessa

15 comments:

Ashley Cannon Newell said...

Very cute, Tessa! I love the layers you created for this card!

Jean Martin said...

It's so pretty! I love the stamp!

amish baby cribs said...

This is very cute! The layers are so adorable in this card.

Shabby Horse said...

OMG - the layout rocks! Love the layers. Great use of the stamps. Love the vintage feel too!

Jamie Hurley said...

I LOVE everything on this card! I don't have this set, didn't think I would use it, but wow! Great job!

Jill W. said...

You are so amazing! I LOVE what you did with this card. The faux stiching is great and well as the piecing.

StinkerbellSteph said...

Gorgeous!! You have such a beautiful way of antiquing and layering!

Pam Speidel said...

Congratulations Tessa on being selected as one of Nancy's iPicks for this week! I can certainly see why as this card is AWESOME! I love the vintage look and all your little details too! You Go Girl! Love your blog! :) Pam

Julie Marshall said...

Love, Love, Love this card!! You have brought all these colors, accessories and papers together perfectly! TFS.

Two Happy Stampers said...

Congratulations on being a "pick"! =) Your card is awesome! =)

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Julie Ramos said...

Love this card! Chic Boutique is one of my favorite sets. A big congrats to you for being featured in this month's Stampin' Success! I love your style and flair for color.

Kelly said...

Congratulations! I just wanted you to know that your project will appear on the Yahoo Group Late Night Stamper’s blog finds of the day for January 13. Want to receive your own copy of the blog finds of the day? Join us at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/stampinuplnstampers/ or visit our Blog Finds of the Day Blog at http://blogfindsoftheday.blogspot.com.

Katie Ann Brooks said...

LOVE this card, beautiful!

Rose said...

Very pretty card! Great job.

 
site design by designer blogs