Monday, August 1, 2011

Inspired by the Moxie Fab World

Hi There! I'm posting a little late tonight- we had a busy day playing at the waterpark, eating ice cream, and shopping at Toys'R'Us with my sister and her little ones. You just can't beat that! :) I'm finally winding down and finding some time to play on the computer for a little while.

I created a bunch of cards over the weekend and thought I'd pop on and share one with you real quick. It was inspired by last week's Tuesday Trigger at the Moxie Fab World Blog. Thanks to Cath and this great image, I found my mojo again! I think I lost it after that last round of Paper Crafts Magazine Gallery Idol Contest. It was a doozie and unfortunately, I didn't make it through to the finals. Thanks for all your votes though! Your support means so much to me!

Here is my card:



Goodies:
All products by Stampin' Up!

Stamps: Delicate Doilies, Thank You Kindly
Ink: Wild Wisteria, Pear Pizazz, Pink Pirouette, Pool Party, and Basic Black classic inks
Paper: Pool Party, Whisper White, Basic Black cardstock; Basic Grey textured cardstock; 2011-2013 In Color patterns DSP, 2010-2012 In Color patterns DSP
Accessories: Subtles Buttons, Whisper White Baker's Twine, 1" Circle Punch, Scallop Edge Punch

The focal point is made with squares of my DSP. I rounded to corners on each square and built a sort of modern flower out of them. I used pop dots to pop the top layers up a little and curled the edges using my bone folder.

Anyways, bedtime is calling so I better keep this short and sweet! Thanks for taking a peek!

-tessa

27 comments:

Suzanne said...

Tessa, this is such a beautiful card...and yet so simple to make! Thanks for the inspiration!

~amy~ said...

Love your take on the trigger!

Tricia L. said...

Love the layout, colors, everything!!! :-)

cheryl (clee') said...

Love how the design is bold but the prints that make it up are so soft. Great card!

Unknown said...

gorgeousness!!! love your card for the trigger:)

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Tessa! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World. I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Wendy said...

Wow! love your card, i just recently made a card very similar to yours, love yours more with all the fun colors and pattern paper.

JJ Bolton said...

Great mix of patterned papers! I've always loved modern, graphic flowers like this!

Glad you got your mojo back! You definitely deserved the break though, you GI stuff was awesome!

Christina said...

This is absolutely lovely, Tessa! Your modern flower has so much dimension from the popped up "petals", and I love the sweet scalloped border. Congrats on being named a Trigger Target this week!

Virginia L. said...

This is YUMMY, Tessa! Congrats on the TT!! Well-deserved!

Becky Cowley said...

Congrats on your win! This card is absolutely fabulous! Love it, as I do all of your creations!

Michelle Lupton said...

Congrats on being a TT on Moxie Fab this week! Gorgeous card - love the pink button - just finishes it off so nicely!

C said...

Beautiful..congrats on your TT spot.

Yvonne Garner said...

Fab card! Moxy is back for sure. Congrats!

Erum Tasneem said...

gorgeous!!! congrats on your win!

Tui Nathan said...

Your card is gorgeous ... a well deserved win, Congratulations!!!

SueB said...

I'm lovin' the clean modern take on your flower - thanx for the inspiration and congrats on your TT spot!

Anonymous said...

Awesome card! Congrats on your TT, it's well deserved!

Mandee said...

Love your take on the Tuesday Trigger! Beautiful! Congrats on the most deserved win!!

Becca Sadler said...

Kudos on getting a Tuesday Trigger win! Your card creation for the challenge is fantastic!

Kelly Massman said...

How lovely! Congrats on the Moxie Fab nod!

AnnMarie said...

Your card is really nice ,I like the way you rounded off the squares to make the pedals. Great Ideal!,And Congrat's on being a TT on Moxie Fab.

Sharon Huffman said...

I love how you made the flower petals! Very nice card!

Shelley Menhennet said...

Gorgeous card! Gorgeous blog!
Shelley
http://scrapshopinaboxabagandabasket.blogspot.com/

Ricklish said...

Love the card! Great inspiration!

lehtipollo said...

Your card is so fabulous I just had to CASE it! Hope you don't mind :)

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

Stunning! Love the soft patterns and colours against the dark.

 
site design by designer blogs