Friday, November 22, 2013

Inky Paws Challenge #5

Good morning!  I'm playing along with Newton's Nook Designs' Inky Paws Challenge today!  They had another fun sketch to work with:


I picked my favorite stamp set to work with, Frozen Friends!  I just love the cute snowmen in this set!  Here is my card:

Cocoa Snowman Card

I picked out some fun and bright papers from Bella Blvd to use for this one- don't you love the stripes!  After creating a pink card base, I stamped all over it using the largest snowflake and matching pink ink.  Next, I cut out the banner shape and added it to my card.  I had originally cut a panel of the black and white polka-dot paper to go in the background but it was such a harsh contrast, I decided to create a smaller piece and add it over the stamped panel instead.

For the stamped panel, I first stamped the snowman and colored him with my Copic markers. Next, I stamped the smaller snowflakes around him with my lightest blue ink.  I then added the black polka-dotted paper and sentiment strip.  I finished off the look with a bit of pink ribbon and linen thread.

Cocoa Snowman Card 2

I'm so happy I had time to play along this week!  The sketch is a fun one!  Thanks Jen for the inspiration! :)  Don't forget to hop over to the Newton's Nook Designs blog to see what the other designers created!  I hope you can play along, too!

Hope you have a great day!

-tessa

No comments:

 
site design by designer blogs