Friday, May 23, 2014

Inky Paws Challenge- Wood, Cork, or Metal!

Hello!  Today I'm sharing a card I made for the new Inky Paws Challenge over at Newton's Nook Designs!  #10 is all about adding a texture- wood, cork, or metal.  I chose to feature wood on mine!  Here is what I made:


I pulled out the adorable Sweetheart Tails set for this card and stamped that cute raccoon on a piece of watercolor paper.  I used a mix of watercolors and residual inks to paint him in.  I was going for a fresh, clean look so I kept it simple, coloring some grass underneath him along with a little yellow flower.  I did a faint blue wash around him as well but it turned out too light to see!

I used my Woodgrain Cottage embossing folder by Teresa Collins for Craftwell to texturize my Soft Sky card front.  I added a strip of patterned paper from the Hey Kid collection by Fancy Pants and then added my stamped panel over the top of it.  To finish it off, I stamped my sentiment onto a wooden speech bubble by Stampin' Up!

The placement for everything was inspired by Retro Sketches #113.


I'm so glad I got to play along with this week's challenge!  It's always fun to add texture, right? :)

Well, I hope you all have a great weekend!  I'm ready for it- lol!  I'm even happier that we have an extra day!  Hopefully I can fit in some fun crafty time!
post signature

No comments:

 
site design by designer blogs