Friday, October 24, 2014

Hello Sweater Weather!

Hi!  I am playing along with the newest Inky Paws Challenge today! I loved the inspiration photo and based my patterned paper choice on the peppermints.  :)  I also added a little sparkle!  Here is what I made:


Did I surprise you by not making a holiday card?  Hee Hee!  I almost did but I when I pulled out my newest Newton's Nook Designs stamps, the sweater weather sentiment from the Holiday Hounds set really caught my eye!  I had this idea and pulled out the Basket of Wishes stamp set to create the card.

The image has been watercolored- I chose colors that I thought complimented the patterned papers I had already pulled out (Mon Ami by Basic Gray).  I stamped the sweater weather sentiment and then decided to add the hello from the Winged Wishes set.  I tried to make it look like it was written with a bit of yarn- did you get that?


I chose a bit of warm gold glitter paper as my sparkle- it's the perfect compliment to this fun image, isn't it?  Seeing all that yarn is making me want to crochet something!  Maybe I'll pull out my yarn later too!

Don't forget to pop over to the Newton's Nook Designs Blog to see what everyone created for the challenge!  I hope you'll get a chance to play along as well!

Thanks for stopping by today!
post signature

No comments:

 
site design by designer blogs