Wednesday, August 26, 2009

CKC Valley Forge...

Hi everyone!

Although I went a month ago, I still wanted to report back my thoughts on my CKC Valley Forge experience. I had a great time overall! The classes were fun and the projects were really cute!

We cropped on Friday and Saturday and here is what I made- it's a framed 12 X 24 piece:





Here is a list of my favorite things about CKC Valley Forge...

1. The Vendors Fair- even if you can't attend classes or crops, attend the Vendor's Fair! Valley Forge CKC is scheduled just after the Summer CHA so some of the brand new products pop up here before you can get them at the local stores! It was a real treat to pick up new goodies! Also, you are able to shop at vendors who aren't local and see their items in person. I love it and spent way too much money! Hee!

2. Bank Creek Creations- I spent a lot of time and money at their booth in the Vendor's Fair. They had some great papers from companies that I cannot find locally. They also create their own line of chipboard albums and embellishments that are unique and interesting. I got the frame above from them!


3. Melissa Francis- She was there working in the booth and teaching classes. Her products are really nice- pretty, vintage, and fun! I took one card class from her and loved it! She is very down to earth and seemed easy to get along with. The cards we made were really cute!

4. My Creative Keepsakes sponsored classes- I took two of these and left with smiles both times. The teachers, Marnie Flores and (I can't remember her name!) were fun and made it easy to enjoy the class. The kits were more than plentiful and I came home with lots of extras to play with!

5. The Button Farm- I missed out on their classes but stopped by thier booth while I was shopping around the fair... beautiful mini album kits! They were unique and very well put together.



Things that I wouldn't do again next time...

1. The hotel! We stayed on an adjoining property, the Raddisson. The lobby was clean and the restaurants were OK but there were some problems with the room... We were happily surprised at check in because we had been upgraded to a luxury Fantasy Suite room! We trudged to the elevators and headed up to the top... the elevator stopped a floor below ours and we had to walk up the stairs- they were so secluded! We opened our doors to this!





The room's name was Venus... Our friends stayed next door in Timbuktu... Since we weren't there for a romantic getaway (even then, I don't think I'd ask for this treat again) we weren't exactly thrilled with our room. Also, something that bothered me was the fact that they had no behind the house elevators. The housekeepers, engineers, and food service people were always there with you, stopping at every floor and talking to people on that floor while holding the elevator- it really annoyed me! I used to work in hotels and I couldn't imagine doing that to our guests!

Over all, I had a great time with my friends Kristen, Andrea, and Camisha. I hope we can do it again next year!!

-tessa

No comments:

 
site design by designer blogs