Friday, September 3, 2010

Cowboy Card

Good morning! I am so excited that today is Friday! My hubby has an extra-long long weekend, too so I can't wait to relax!

Today's card was inspired by the cross country trip we took over the summer- Wyoming and South Dakota, in particular... These were two of my favorite states that we visited. The scenery was amazing- painted deserts, beautiful mountains, prairies... and in some spots, it still felt like the wild west. The archeologist/ historian in me would love to live there but, being married to a guy who loves the city, I know it will never happen! Hee! So, when I got home and put in my giant SU! order, I had to add this cowboy to my list:



Goodies:
All products by Stampin' Up!

Stamps: Out West, Style Beautiful
Ink: Soft Suede, Early Espresso, Cherry Cobbler, Not Quite Navy, Going Grey classic inks; Jet Black Staz On; Versamark
Paper: Dusty Durango, Marina Mist, Early Espresso, Confetti White cardstock; Newsprint DSP
Accessories: Clear embossing powder, Hemp Twine, Aqua Painter

I used one of the stamps from the Style Beautiful set in the background- they kind of remind me of the west, too... maybe a belt buckle or something? I watercolored the main image using residual ink from my stamp pads and an aqua painter. I also pulled apart the strip of Early Espresso to give it that soft suedey look- have you tried that yet? Such a fun way to make texture for your card!

I love the simplicity of this card and now, I can't wait to make more using this set! I may have to order the In Wilderness set next... I found a new love for buffalo, too while driving through Yellowstone!

Thanks for visiting today!

-tessa,

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Your card is way too cute! I decided not to order this stamp but might be changing my mind after seeing your card. Love how you used the other stamp in the background. Great card!

Becky Cowley said...

I love this card! I didn't care for this set in the catalog, but with this card example it is very appealing to me now! You are so super talented!

Angela Timms said...

Love how you used this set! Love all your work doll:)TOODLES-Angela

 
site design by designer blogs